Gluten Free Lemon Cookie Recipe
Got a hankering for something a little bit sweet and a little bit tart? This gluten free lemon cookie recipe hits the spot and doesn’t require a million different ingredients!
Sometimes I’m into chocolate but sometimes I’m not. And it’s the same with me and cinnamon sweets… maybe I’m a yes but maybe I don’t want any part of it. But sweet lemon treats? Offer me some Lemonheads or your yellow Starburst or some gluten free lemon cookies and I’m always down. ALWAYS DOWN I tell you.
There’s something about the sweet with a little bit of tartness that makes me so very, very happy. And for the longest time I hadn’t had lemon cookies but guess what happened? I’m pretty sure you’ve got it all figured out but here we go… I’ve got an amazing gluten free lemon cookie recipe that you MUST TRY.
I’m pleased as all get-out to be sharing with you an amazing lemon cookie recipe that just so happens to also be gluten free. And we’re not talking the kind of gluten free where you’re measuring out xanthan gum and a million other things… we’re talking a tidy little ingredients list with nothing weird or unpronounceable at all. It’s almost like when you COULD bake with gluten :)
Are you ready to get your scrum-didly-umptious lemony goodness on? Because I was born ready!
Let’s make some Gluten Free Lemon Cookies, y’all.
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar + more for rolling cookies
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free baking flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and white sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add in brown sugar, vanilla extract, egg, lemon juice, and lemon zest mixing until well combined.
- Add half of the flour to your bowl and mix. Add remaining flour plus all dry ingredients and mix again until well incorporated and a stiff dough has formed.
- Scoop dough by the rounded tablespoon and flatten into a ball. Press dough into a shallow dish with white sugar to fully coat on both sides. Dough will form 18 cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven or until cookie bottoms become slightly brown. Allow to cool 5 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling.