I love the flavor of black cherry everything. One of my favorite things in the whole world to do is grab a bag of super sweet, ripe and dark cherries at the grocery store and a cold coke. Together these two things are magic. If you like a cherry coke, you’re going to LOVE THIS.
So when I was at the grocery store the other day and saw lots of not quite so ripe cherries I still got a hankering for them even though at that point most of the bag of fruit would have been bitter. I decided until I could get a good bag of cherries, I’d hit up the frozen section and make some ice cream instead. In the end, this stuff is really good. Like almost as good as fresh cherries and a cold coke good :)
Black Cherry Ice Cream Recipe
This black cherry ice cream has a hint of sweet that doesn’t overpower the delicious taste of sweet, dark cherries. Should your sweet-tooth get the better of you, add up to 1/2 cup of white sugar to the recipe in step number 2.
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 12 ounce bag of Sweet and Dark Cherries
- Take approximately 3/4 cherries directly from the freezer and puree in a blender or food processor until completely smooth. Add remainder of cherries and pulse just long enough to make cherry chunks.
- In a stand mixer or with hand beaters combine heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk until soft peaks begin to form.
- Gently fold in cherry puree.
- Pour into a rubber container. Seal the container and allow to freeze 4-6 hours, though overnight is best.
Want to see the other flavors I’ve been working on my ice cream baby belly with? (p.s. I asked Rob if I had an ice cream baby belly and he looked at me like I was a moron. I told him it’s so much ice cream in my belly that it makes it pooch out enough to look like I might be having a baby but I don’t quite think he gets it :)