Come summer time my weird eating habits get even weirder. I guess during the winter months my inner cave-woman comes out and makes me eat absolutely everything in sight. Like because of the occasional snow finding food will be difficult and I must shove everything into my face that comes around. Oooh, who left chocolate covered almonds on the counter? Who knows if I'll ever eat again! Those will be great sustenance for these long, cold winter months.
Suckers know to keep their food up and away from me during the cold months or they can plan on losing it. But come summer when I'm far more active and spending tons of time outside it would seem that my appetite diminishes. My inner cave-woman grunts and notices that there are things everywhere that can be had WHEN I get hungry. And instead of putting anything and everything away, I graze. I've found that some of the best grazing foods are fruits and veggies clean and ready to pop out of the fridge and crackers, carrots and celery conveniently tucked into little individually sized containers with some homemade dip.
And this dip is perfect for a quick anytime snack. Bringing together some of my favorite things like bacon, cream cheese and Texas Pete Hot Sauce – this stuff is sure to be a smash at your next get together or magically disappear from your home fridge in record time!
Texas Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
This dip is spicy, savory and super flavorful. Grab a box of crackers or a bag of celery and get ready to hop into some flavors that scream Texas to me like smoked paprika, smoked bacon, pecans and, of course, Texas Pete Hot Sauce!
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 green onions, thin slices
- 4 tablespoons to 1/3 cup of Texas Pete Hot Sauce, depending on heat preference
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 slices of crisp bacon, crumbled
- In a small bowl, take a fork and smash up your cream cheese. Add Texas Pete hot sauce and mash up until totally mixed. For less heat, use 4 tablespoons. Or, if you're one for the spicy goods, go up to 1/3 cup!
- Stir in your smoked paprika and garlic salt. Test the taste and add more garlic salt if desired.
- Fold in onions and bacon.
- To serve all fancified, make a dome of the cream cheese, garnish with crumbled bacon or green onions on a small plate. Toss in the icebox to set the shape.
- Serve with crackers and appropriate veggies!
Ooh, but before I go… a quick modification of the recipe… add shedded, cooked chicken and sub Texas Pete Hot Sauce for Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce. Be sure to serve with celery!