Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Donuts
If you love all things pumpkin spice, you’re in for a treat! These pumpkin spice donuts with a spiced glaze are the perfect fall treat.
Are you all about pumpkin pie? If you said yes, get ready to whip out your donut pan because pumpkin pie lovers are going to want one of these pumpkin spice donuts now. And I can pretty much promise you’re going to love them because not only do they look and smell amazing, but they also taste just like fall.
Before you go all-in on me, I know that it isn’t actually Autumn just yet. But with a few weeks of summer left, I don’t think it’s too early to switch gears to the next season. And I bet I’m not the only one feeling flannel and apple cider and all sorts of cozy. Because nobody, including me, hates fall. We simply cannot help it if we’re feeling ready to put summer behind us and go all-in for fall and its spicy baked goods. It’s just human nature :)
Because pumpkin spice is the bomb.
Don’t hate me if you’re not down with starting seasons before their official date. This morning as I literally looked up through the trees noticed that the limbs were kind of bare. And when I looked down toward my feet there was a swirl of yellow and brown leaves. Fall. While might not technically be here, nobody told the trees in the backyard :)
No matter what time of year it is, I’ll always love pumpkin pie spiced anything, actually, making me believe it is just the right time for pumpkin spice donuts. Check out exhibit A: Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream with Cream Cheese Ribbon and Praline Pecans made in JUNE of 2017! And it was amazing! Seriously, any time is a good time for pumpkin spice!
My whole family is full of pumpkin pie lovers and we’ll bust out the good stuff in the middle of summer. We all feel very strongly that it shouldn’t something you only eat at Thanksgiving. Pumpkin pie is far too marvelous to be shoved in the corner for 11 months out of the year :)
Pumpkin spice donuts are like pumpkin pie without the effort!
Rolling out pie dough takes a lot more time than I want to invest in cooking right now. Consequently, I’m feeling all pumpkin spicy I’m not feeling baking a pie. If you feel the same way, fellow pumpkin lovers, no worries. Today I have something faster and easier. After you see that these donuts take half an hour to whip up, including baking time, you’ll love getting your pumpkin spice on with half of the effort of pumpkin pie.
Because come breakfast or snacktime, I can promise you that you’ll be ecstatic to have these pumpkin donuts on hand. Just be prepared with the ingredients to make a second batch because these babies are going to FLY off of your cooling rack. That’s a pumpkin spice pinkie promise!
Let’s bake up some pumpkin donuts!
- Donut Ingredients
- 3 cups of gluten free baking flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- ⅓ cup of canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Glaze Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together dry donut ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk pumpkin puree, brown sugar, oil, butter, vanilla extract and egg until well mixed. Pour into dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Fill a large piping bag with a large nozzle with batter. Pipe into donut pans greased with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done. To check for doneness, gently press donut. It should spring back.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes then remove and place on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, whisking until smooth. Dip donuts into the glaze and return to the wire rack. Allow the glaze to set.