Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies Recipe
Gluten free and missing Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies? This Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pie Recipe will hit the spot with a sweet fall flavor twist!
When I was a kid there was no better treat than a Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pie. Because it was chocolate, and I’m a chocoholic, at times, a Star Crunch was a close second but had nothing on that soft creamy sandwich cookie. Though I haven’t had an oatmeal cream pie in probably 10 years, it’s actually one of the few things I think that I can actually remember how it really tasted from my pre-gluten-free days. That’s a part of why I’m so excited to share this recipe today… It’s a cream-filled trip down memory lane with the added bonus of one of my new taste loves… pumpkin spice!
Paired with a nice, hot mug of apple ciders, these gluten-free oatmeal cream pies are the ultimate sweet Autumn treat. And since it actually is finally Fall, as of this week (huzzah!) my desire for all things pumpkin spice is in overdrive.
Pumpkin Pie Spice and Pumpkin Spice are Two VERY Different Things…
I’ll be the first to admit that pumpkin spice might be a bit overdone but I’m not talking pumpkin spice latte. I’m talking pumpkin PIE spice with literal pumpkin. Oh, my gourd, guys, :) there is a super huge difference between the two. I’ve been to Starbucks half a dozen times and tried to get into PSL but it’s just not my thing.
But these cookies right here? Because they have pumpkin PIE spice added, THESE cookies are totally my thing. And I have a sneaking suspicion that they’ll be your thing, too. Want to give them a go?
Let’s make some Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies that would make Little Debbie proud!Print
GF Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies Recipe
Just because you can’t have gluten anymore doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy oatmeal cream pies, again! These cookies are so tasty and the decadent cream in between them a total dream. With a little bit of pumpkin added, this recipe is perfect for Fall and pairs well with a hot apple cider!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 15 cream pie sandwich cookies 1x
- Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
¼ cup of butter (softened)
½ cup of shortening
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
½ cup of white sugar
¾ cup of brown sugar
½ cup of pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon of molasses
1 ½ cup of gluten-free flour blend (we love King Arthur)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1–½ cup of gluten-free quick oats (we love Quaker Oats )
Cream Pie Filling Ingredients:
½ cup of butter (softened)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
6 cups of powdered sugar
6 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, shortening and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin, molasses, and egg to the creamed butter and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon until well combined.
- Add mixed dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the large bowl and beat until a dough forms, then stir in the oats.
- Measure out 30 tablespoon-sized spoonfuls and drop onto your prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to brown. Remove from heat while the centers are still soft. Transfer to a wire rack and allow the cookies to cool completely.
- In a clean bowl cream butter and vanilla with the pumpkin pie spice until light and fluffy. Alternate adding 1 cup of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk until the cream filling reaches your desired consistency.
- Pipe cream onto the center of 15 cookies then top with another.