So my little nephew has me all about pickles, right now. He made us some of the tastiest pickles around (for real, y’all) and we’re working on getting that little project over to you in the next few weeks. I’m not even playing when I say the ones he made us are some of my favorite pickles I’ve ever tried. SO good.
Now my little pickle recipe they’re pretty darn tasty, too. They’re super spicy and only need to sit around for about 24 hours before they are ready to eat. I guess since they are quick pickles you can call them quickles. Love it? I’m not sure about that either.
But let’s go ahead and get our quick pickles on and you’ll be all set up for your next burger night!
Homemade Quick Pickles in a Jar
This spicy recipe is a bold and interesting flavor that you don’t find in store-bought pickles. Allow to set 24 hours and these quick pickles are ready to be devoured! This recipe uses 2 – quart sized jars.
- 2 pounds of pickling cucumbers sliced, ends discarded
- 0.75 ounces of fresh dill, washed and bruised
- 4.5 ounce jar of chopped garlic
- 2 cups of white vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 Tablespoons of McCormick Pickling Spice
- 1 tablespoon of mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 3 tablespoons of salt
- Divvy chopped garlic, cucumber slices and fresh dill into 2 quart sized jars and then fill jars.
- Add remaining ingredients to a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil and allow to simmer 15 minutes.
- Half the hot brine mixture, pouring into your 2 jars.
- Depending on how “vinegary” you prefer your pickles, top off the liquid in the jars with more white vinegar, water or a combination of the 2.
- Allow the pickles to rest, at least overnight in the brine. Keep refrigerated and use within 2 weeks or jar and keep for up to a year.
These super tasty pickles are so spicy and full of flavor! Being such a low calorie snack, you might find yourself out of pickles in no time. Luckily these are so easy to make and quick you can get your DIY pickle fix whenever you please!
Written by Allison Murray - Visit Website