Happy New Year! Resolutions for 2014
So we made it through another year… Yay! Last year I was making up a list of New Year’s Resolutions and that went, um, okay?
Um, Resolutions That were NOT SUCCESSES
I did jog around a bit but things went pear shaped this year and I fell back out of it. Can’t even say that I am walking for exercise these days. Organizing the craft room was on the list and I did it amazingly well! But I feel like I can’t count it because in preparation of move and after having packed and unpacked and packed again, things are the worst mess they’ve ever been. I didn’t draw or doodle something every day. In fact, that one fell by the wayside a week later! I didn’t do much to be greener and better for the environment and I feel badly about that. I didn’t really do much more for my community than I normally do and that makes me feel so selfish.
But, there were some SUCCESSES
I feel like my successes truly outweigh the things I didn’t do in 2014! I can park a car in my garage (though trailer is actually in that spot right now) so that’s amazingly cool. I exceeded my goal of 25,000 pageviews in a day, instead hitting over 40,000 hits in one day – I can’t even process how that happened. It was SO AMAZING! I just sat staring at Google Analytics for the real time numbers and praying my site didn’t break (thanks to A Small Orange it didn’t!) I have streamlined my life quite a bit. Things I don’t need are gone and it feels so good. My kitchen was remodeled, though it is to sell my house rather than enjoy, but still a success! And last of all, I wanted to make it as a creative/blogger… and I am. Thanks so much to all you who read this site. I have been able to shed all of the side jobs I once had and am paying the mortgage (and everything else) with this website and my creativity alone!
GOALS TRANSFERRING from 2014!
- Organize my craft room in my new home. (wherever that may be)
- Exercise. Whether it’s sit ups in the living room or running around town, get up and move it, move it! I wanna be fit!
- Give more to my community. For real this time.
- Learn to use power tools. Again, for real this time.
- Create less waste and become more green.
- Work more than 2 weeks in advance. I had gotten and maintained this standard for most of the year but it fell apart. It’s time to get it back together.
NEW GOALS FOR 2015!
- Find my own brand of happiness whatever and wherever that may be, even if it’s 700 miles from home :)
- Crochet more and share more patterns and to dos here on the blog.
- Crochet one item of clothing (that’s not a scarf or hat!)
- Sell my home and move far, far away.
- Travel. Not just to my family’s homes but see something somewhere in another state far from home.
- Train my new dog Ollie up right. Right now on a leash he flops onto the ground and he’s too heavy to carry around.
- Become more active in the blogging community. Maybe go to a conference or something…
- Have a steady social media presence. My interest waxes and wanes but I need to try and keep it fun and interesting so I keep up with it! I want those report cards I get to all be stellar!
WHAT ARE YOUR RESOLUTIONS FOR 2015? AND WHAT KIND OF SUCCESSES DID YOUR LIST SEE IN 2015?