So we made it through another year… Yay! Last year I was making up a list of New Year’s Resolutions and that went, um, okay?
I went on a real vacation to Great Wolf Lodge with my family and it. was. a. freaking. blast. I wanted to get 15,000 page views in one day and while that didn’t happen I did get 13,988 in one day so, not too far off! I tried to knit and couldn’t swing it but I’m counting it as a success because I really tried so hard! My Silhouette Cameo came out of the box and I rocked that sucker hard core… super love it BUT I have made a strong effort so that not every other post is a Cameo one because I get that not everybody has or wants one of these things. My Mom Spark Faux Oxford shoe makeover graced the pages of All You Magazine, I was in Wal-Mart with my mom when I saw it and yelled at the checkout something about my feet being in a magazine.
LAST DITCH EFFORTS
On my list included use more from my craft stash and that was, well, an epic fail. See that pic above? It’s my dad working to renovate my office/craft room to deal with all of the crafty crap I acquired in 2013. This office renovation is turning out to be quite a project and we had hoped it would be finished by New Year’s Eve to fulfill my “organize my craft room in a way that I can keep up with” is taking so much longer than we anticipated. But no worries, I’ll be sharing the embarrassing before and stunning after pics soon!
I also wanted to be able to park at least one car in the garage, which, I actually made a last ditch effort on yesterday. My dad and I hauled an entire truckload of stuff to the Goodwill and still no car in the garage. Would it have been cheating if I could only get one car in for only one day of 2013? Hmmm….
GOALS TRANSFERRING TO 2014!
- share my choice reads, techy things I love, good movies & compile the occasional playlist
- organize my craft room in a way that I can keep up with
- be able to park at least one car in my two car garage
- get 25,000 page hits in ONE DAY (current best just shy of 14,000)
- create the ultimate glitter stash, talkin’ every color & weight possible
- draw or doodle something every day
- don’t worry so much in general
- get back into running
- shed the unnecessary 100% and streamline my life
- do more to give back to my community
- finally remodel my kitchen (on a strict budget of course)
- make an effort to waste less and be more ‘green’
- learn to better use power tools so I don’t have to rely on anyone but myself
NEW GOALS FOR 2014!
- Do more home DIY type of projects (already have a few going!)
- Work more than 2 weeks in advance. Would like to have a full month worth of posts “in the can” at all times.
- Make it as creative/blogger now that I have no other sources of income (eep!)
- Remodel my very dated bathrooms and get a tub I can actually sit in without my knees up around my ears.
- Visit my grandmother.
- Help my parents get their house ready to sell so that they can move nearer me.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESOLUTIONS FOR 2014? AND WHAT KIND OF SUCCESSES DID YOUR LIST SEE IN 2013.Written by Allison Murray - Visit Website