Gluten Free Funfetti Donuts Recipe
So festive and so tasty! Everybody will love these gluten free Funfetti donuts and most won’t even realize they’re gluten free!
So I know it’s totally a cliche but I’m one of those ladies who LOVES pink. Even now while I’m doing up my house I’m noticing that there is an awful lot of blush pink going on. I’m trying to even my love for pink with a lot of beige (for a more grown up look) and pops of mustard and teal. And, okay sometimes a smidge of hot pink which, granted, isn’t terribly adult, but WHATEVER. Even with all of the neutral I’m really pretty in love with how my decor is coming along.
Now when it comes to things like sweets and candies and DONUTS I’m going to always reach for the pink one FIRST. Except for pink Starburst, ick. Give me the yellow or orange or I don’t want any part of Starburst :)
But wait, did say donuts? I did! Today I’m so pleased to share with you a from scratch recipe for gorgeously pink and gorgeously GLUTEN FREE Funfetti donuts. And not just any donuts, but Gluten Free Funfetti style, sprinkle filled, insanely happy donuts. (Want a faster bake? Check out Simple Gluten-Free Donuts from Cake Mix)
You know what? These guys make the most gorgeous pop of pink on a pretty cake plate. <— Why not decorate with your pretty bakes? :)
Gluten Free Baking Tip…
With all gluten free goodness make sure your ingredients are all gluten free. Sprinkles seem like one of those things you wouldn’t need to worry about, but you do. Jimmies, or the long and skinny sprinkles are perfect for DIY Funfetti-style batter. I’ve purchased and used these rainbow jimmies and can highly recommend them. The key to making donuts that are so much like their gluten filled counterparts is to use a really good quality gluten free baking flour. My first choice is Bella Baking Mix, if I have it around, but King Arthur Gluten Free is close runner up and what I use more frequently as it is super easy to source at local grocery stores.
Ready to bake?
- 2 eggs
- cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 cups gluten free baking flour we love Bella Baking Mix and King Arthur Gluten Free
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Red or pink food coloring
- rainbow sprinkles for topping
- Spray a silicone donut pan with cooking spray and preheat your oven to 350°.
- Beat eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla, and sugar until smooth in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer.
- Beat the eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla, and sugar until smooth.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl until well mixed. Add flour to your mixer bowl and beat until just combined. Pour in milk and beat until smooth.
- Spoon or pipe the donut batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan.
- For glaze whisk together sugar, vanilla and milk until completely smooth. Add a few drop of food color and mix, adding more drops as needed for a pretty pink color.
- Dip cooled donuts in glaze. While the glaze is still wet, sprinkle with rainbow jimmies. Allow glaze to set.