These chocolate chip cookie bars are so easy to make and are gluten free! Get the recipe that you can whip up and share for the holidays!
There’s something about me and winters. I become less active and more interested in food. I also seem to binge The Great British Baking Show when it cools off and if I’m watching somebody baking something you best believe I’m EATING something baked. I’m one of those people that can be convinced by a commercial that it’s time to change my shampoo or make a fast food run. So it just sort of goes hand in hand that I’m going to be eating a pie during pastry week, okay? :)
Christmastime is filled with baked goods, anyway, right? And being a lover of cookies and bar desserts, this chocolate chip cookie bar recipe that is blissfully gluten free is also super easy to make. In fact, the most difficult part about it is waiting 2 hours for it to cool. But it’s super important you do wait so your sweet efforts don’t crumble.
Are they worth the wait? You sure as heck know they are! Ready for the recipe? In the words of Noel Fielding (GBBO host)… off you pop!Print
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12 Bars 1x
- Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free baking flour <– my new fave!
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup red and green chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9 x 13 glass casserole dish with parchment paper.
- Combine together melted butter and brown sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time followed by the vanilla extract. Beat well to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, mix together gluten free flour, salt, and baking soda. Add flour mixture to wet and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips and spread evenly into your prepared baking dish. Push red and green candies into the top of the batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the edges have turned golden brown and a toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Allow to cool in pan for 2 hours and remove by pulling parchment paper up and out of the pan. Cut into bars to serve.
Bars will be crumbly straight out of the oven. Be sure to give them ample time to cool so they hold together when cut.
To keep the recipe gluten free, make sure your candies are GF and safe.