Gluten Free Cherry Pie Recipe
This recipe is ALL about the homemade gluten free pie crust. Substitute any canned or homemade pie filling for cherry if you wish.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes to prep, 1 hour to chill
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 12 Mini Pies 1x
- Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and salt mixing until fully incorporated.
- Add chilled cubes of butter to a food processor. Pour the flour mixture in as well and pulse until pea-sized dough balls form.
- Transfer dough back to the large bowl and knead the dough adding 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough can form a loose ball.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead he dough until smooth. Separate dough into 2 (one slightly larger than the other) and roll into 2 separate dough balls. Flatten each dough ball into a disc. Wrap each separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour though overnight is best.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Remove one disc of dough from the refrigerator and roll out on a lightly floured work surface to 1/4″ thick. If dough is difficult to roll, allow to rest on the counter 10-15 minutes and soften up.
- Using a round 3.5″ cookie cutter cut out 12 circles and place into a muffin/cupcake tin, pushing the dough gently into each cavity.
- Roll your second disc of dough to a 1/4″ thickness and cut out 12 circles using a 2.5″ round cookie cutter. Cut slits in the centers or remove some of the crust using a small, decorative cookie cutter (we used hearts for Valentine’s Day!)
- Fill each mini gluten free cherry pie with filling making sure to keep the edges of the dough clean.
- Place the top 2.5″ circle onto the filled pies and gently crimp down the dough to the edges to seal using your fingers or a fork.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in your preheated oven, or until the crust is golden brown. Allow to fully cool prior to removing from your pan and serving.
- If you find your fork or cookie cutters stick when working with the dough, lightly flour them prior to use.
- Remember, you can substitute any pie filling you wish!
Keywords: gluten free, cherry pie, gluten free cherry pie