My family has long been crazy about meatballs. As an adult I spent ages and ages perfecting my homemade meatball recipe until my dad, the meatball connoisseur of us all, deemed the recipe amazing. I used to hand grind the beef for my meatballs, but these days I just don’t have the time. And with my nephews coming to visit here really, really soon (HUZZAH!) I’ve got to get some meal and snack ideas worked out to keep their bellies full and happy while I keep up with my day job.
I’m used to being busy, but not kids-around busy. It’s been at least 2 years since I had the boys during the summer and that’s just because I’ve moved a good 17 hours away from them. Still, I can distinctly remember things getting crazy. And so I’m pretty stoked to have my first recipe in the bag for when they visit, and a few bags of Cooked Perfect® Gluten Free Meatballs in the freezer ready to go for them. There’s always the typical spaghetti and meatballs supper and I’m sure that one will be done a time or two, but my youngest nephew likes working in the kitchen, messing with dough and whatnot so we’ll also be having Cooked Perfect Meatballs Pockets with mozzarella marinara sauce.
Now I grabbed the gluten free variety of meatballs because I’m 100% GF. It’s not fun but I’m super stoked that Cooked Perfect has an option for somebody like me. Since the boys can eat whatever we also grabbed some Cooked Perfect Swedish Meatballs to serve with mashed potatoes, and savory Homestyle Meatballs perfect with a sweet BBQ sauce, from the freezer aisle, some at Kroger and some at Walmart. These quick-meals sound like the bees knees and I’m totally jealous I can’t try. Since no matter the flavor, Cooked Perfect Meatballs are made with select meats, savory herbs and real cheeses, then flame-broiled, I know that we’ll love any bag I bring home to keep our summer meals quick, easy and tasty.
Want to see how I turned Cooked Perfect Gluten Free Meatballs into the perfect little meatball pockets that dip oh, so perfectly in hot marinara topped with gooey mozzarella? Well, it just so happens I’ve got a video for that!
Cooked Perfect Meatball Pockets
These Cooked Perfect Meatball Pockets are so easy to make and everybody from kids to adults love them! Whip up a batch for a filling after school snack or a fun and easy meal!
- 1 bag Cooked Perfect® Italian Style Meatballs, frozen
- Prepared pizza dough
- Olive oil
- Flour for dusting
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Take prepared pizza dough and take off a large gumball sized piece. Knead the dough to soften and begin to flatten. Use dusting flour at any point if the dough becomes sticky or difficult to work with.
- Flatten the dough into a circle, like a mini pizza crust.
- Place a frozen Cooked Perfect meatball in the center of your dough and begin wrapping up it up, pinching the dough as needed to close any holes or gaps. Pinch away any excess dough.
- Roll the meatball until the dough is nice and smooth. You’ll have a little meatball pocket about the size of a golf ball.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown. Serve warm.
- Serve with your choice of dip, our favorite is melted mozzarella cheese over hot marinara sauce.
Our first trial runs of these meatball pockets were absolutely devoured around the dinner table, it’s like they just kept disappearing, so I’m pretty confident that 2 (not so little anymore) boys are going to be perfectly well fed and perfectly happy! Ready to get supper on the table? Find Cooked Perfect Meatballs in the freezer aisle of your favorite grocery store and sneak a peek at even more simple and super snazzy meatball recipes, too!