So, hey, the Super Bowl is coming up! To be honest I wouldn’t have known anything about it if bloggers weren’t doing their thing and making up cute snacks and whatnot because I’m not much of a football person. I am the type of person who likes the commercials, though in spite of the fact that I don’t really like to watch TV (perhaps it is the past marketer in me). On a side note, remember that TV show that was nothing but awesome commercials? I actually watched and loved that show!
And I heard that Heinz has got a Super Bowl commercial for the first time in SIXTEEN years I thought that was pretty darn interesting and I had to check it out. You should, too! Watch the Heinz Super Bowl spot.
Isn’t that fun? Heinz = Happiness But my nephews could have told you that. Ask them and they’ll tell you that absolutely everything is better with ketchup! Which leads me to the next neat thing going down. Heinz has a special, show us your Heinz promo thing going on. Share a pic of yourself, your kid, your grandma, whoever loving on their Heinz and submit it for a chance to win more than $400K in prizes! That’s a lot of prizes :) Show Us Your Heinz!
Now one last thing before I go, I’m sharing with you my Super Bowl Sweet and Sour Meatball Recipe. What make these specifically for the Super Bowl? Well, because I put Super Bowl in front of the name of the recipe. Hoorah!
Super Bowl Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
These meatballs are delish and super easy to make. Serve next to a jar of toothpicks for a tasty appetizer or over rice for a game day (or any day, really ) meal!
- 3 tablespoons of Heinz ketchup
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 20 ounce can of pineapple chunks or tidbits
- In your crock pot whisk together Heinz ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and the juice from pineapple until well incorporated.
- Stir cornstarch into a small amount of water. Add to crock pot and stir well.
- Add in pineapple chunks.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 T breadcrumbs (I use gluten free)
- 1 egg
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic salt
- Mix all together well and form into bite size meatballs.
- Place in a preheated skillet with 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and brown.
- Drain from fat and place into crock pot with sweet and sour sauce.
- Allow to cook on high for 3-4 hours or low all day.