I’m a former elementary school teacher turned stay at home mom to 4 little RugRats whom I just happen to love, a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home cooking magazine (yum) – which basically means I create and review recipes for them, a craft, DIY and fun food addict, who’s obsessed with sharing recipes, and fun ideas for just about anything family related! Obsessed, I tell ya!
Today, I have to share my latest Smore’s Addiction! Sometimes, OK…A LOT OF TIMES, I like to take traditional ideas, and put a little twist on them. And, that’s just what this is! Perfect for summertime camping, or backyard summer fun! Introducing a Strawberry Shortcake Smore! Or Heaven, as I like to call it. :)
The graham crackers are standing in for your typical Angel Food Cake, and the Marshmallow, well…what would a S’more be without a mallow? Sorry Strawberry Shortcake, I had to do it!
For this S’more idea/recipe – you’ll need:
- 2 lbs. of strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 2 T. of granulated sugar
- Graham Crackers – I used honey flavored
- Marshmallows – I used the new square shaped S’more Marshmallows from Kraft
- Hershey Bars, broken into sections like mine, above
- Refrigerated Whipped Cream
- In a medium size bowl, mix the sliced strawberries, and granulated sugar – set aside
- Break your graham crackers into squares
- Get your campfire, or backyard fire pit ready, and roaring
- Place your marshmallows on marshmallow roasting sticks, or do it the old fashioned way, like I did when I was a kid…with sticks snapped off trees, and an end shaved down to a spear!
- Roast your marshmallows to your liking – I like mine burnt to a crisp on the outside! My kids, however, do not share my love of crisp marshmallows. They like theirs gently toasted, and warm. Disappointing, I know.
When you are ready to assemble your S’more:
- Set out one graham cracker square
- Gently slide your toasted marshmallow on top
- Place a section of Hershey Bar on top of the marshmallow
- Lay on some delicious, juicy, sweet strawberries. Don’t forget some extra juice from the bottom of the bowl!
- Place another graham cracker square on top, and here’s the important part…Smush the S’more together!
- Add a little whipped cream on top
- I mean, just look at that melted chocolate against those juicy strawberries! Heaven, right?!
- The most important part…Eat, and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this post. I thoroughly enjoyed sharing it with you all, today. I hope you’ll hop on over to my site, and check out some more of my stuff! KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com
I have similar recipes like – Chocolate Lover’s Strawberry Shortcakes
Fun Foods like – Minion Cheese Stick Snacks
Family Friendly Recipes like – Grilled Honey Lime Chicken Thighs
and lots more! Can’t wait to see you there. :)