This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are my own!
Some time ago I was in the app store looking for something to keep me busy in the waiting room at the doctor’s office. I didn’t want a game where I had to wait for my lives to replenish and I didn’t want something where I’d have to ask my Facebook friends to lend me a hand so that I could keep on playing. I just wanted a game I could sit there and play and keep myself occupied and therefore happy.
Trust me when I say I didn’t have the easiest time finding something. I first thought to search for something like “best iphone games” and so many pages came up with so many suggestions. But when I’d see a game cost money to buy I was out. And when I installed something to run out of lives but learned, good news! your life will replenish every 20 minutes. Ugh. I just wanted to play a game until I didn’t want to play a game anymore. And I really, really didn’t want to have to ask people on social media to help me out so I could keep playing. <— that one really annoys me.
So then I am asked, “hey, you want to review this solitaire app called Solitaire by MobilityWare?” And I was all, “sure”. Isn’t blogging so exciting? :)
I headed on over to iTunes to download my newest game app and I first saw that the app was free. SCORE! I told myself that I was going to wait until my work was done before I played a few hands to see how I liked it but wouldn’t you know I sat at my computer playing 3 or 4 rounds before I remembered, hey, lady you’ve got work to do!
Here’s what I found that I liked about the app…
- This isn’t a big deal, and yet, I found myself really happy that I could change the look of things with tons of themes. From the background to the cards themselves I could make things look how I wanted them. Heck, I even put my baby puppy Carly from her first days with us on the backs of my cards. How neat-o is that?
- I also loved the idea of a daily challenge. When I finished the game informed me that I found a better solution to a winning deal. I like winning achievements and you get a crown for winning the daily challenge so I thought this was especially fun.
- It’s straight up solitaire. No winding down a path to different levels where you have to get friends help (did I mention that I HATE that? :) or anything nuts. You just set up new deals and play until you’re done playing.
- You don’t have to pay for anything. You do have to watch ads but I’m more than down with that for a free app.
- There are tons of settings so you can mix things up. Want to draw 3 cards at a go instead of just 1? Hit up the settings menu and get it.
- Only want to play games that you could possibly win? Choose “Winning Deal”, games guaranteed to have a happy ending that can be shown to you in the event you couldn’t figure it out.
- You can challenge other players in real time, either your friends or total strangers.
At the end of the day this is an app I’m going to keep on my phone. I enjoy the game and this is definitely the best Solitaire game app I’ve ever tried. Head on over to iTunes to get Solitaire by MobilityWare for yourself!Written by Allison Murray - Visit Website