Are you ready for Valentine’s Day yet? Just to brag I totally am but that’s just because I’m an anxiety driven plan-way-ahead-er (a word of my own making). Chances are that you might not have even thought about it much besides the fact that red and pink have taken over an aisle or two at the store. And it does seem a bit early to be thinking of your evening of romance but just think, a lot of the reservations at the hottest hot spots are probably already taken.
So I have a propostion for all of you ModernDayMoms… why not cook at home this year? Eating out can be a hassle. If you don’t have a reservation (and sometimes even if you do) you’re going to stand around in uncomfortable (but sexy, woo!) clothes so you can pay top dollar for food that you’re probably going to push around your plate while you moon over the person sitting across from you. Right? Dining at home is always more comfortable and, heck, you might even actually eat some of the food placed in front of you (if you make my clam sauce you definitely will!) And besides the fact that, ahem, it can be quite a bit cheaper it also can really mean something. Think about it! Doesn’t it feel good when somebody goes to the effort to go buy ingredients, put them together and serve you a home cooked meal? I know that I always appreciate good cooking!
So I’m going to show you how to bust out some Red Clam Sauce for a super quick Valentine’s Day meal with your honey. Now just because I said home cooked doesn’t mean you need to stand over a hot stove for hours and hours! You can instead use that time getting yourself ready for your hot at home date! Our recipe starts with Hunt’s® Tomatoes and that’s why this meal is super fast and crazy tasty. Why? Because Hunts® tomatoes are grown in the California sun and canned almost as soon as they are picked. So get your pen and paper together and take down this ingredient list:
- 14.5 OunceHunt’s® Petite Diced Tomatoes with Garlic
- 5-6 Fresh Basil Leaves, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1/4 Cup White Cooking Wine
- Sea Salt
- 6.5 Ounce Minced Clams
- 1 Teaspoon of Corn Starch
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Get your pot of water on the boil, salting the water if you like.
- In a medium saucepan add your Hunt’s® tomatoes and the juice from the tinned clams. Reserve the clams for later. Bring to a simmer and keep it there.
- When your water reaches a rolling boil, follow the package directions to cook enough pasta for 2.
- Add the basil, parsley, white wine,minced clams and pepper flakes if you choose and allow to cook on a simmer until the pasta is finished and drained.
- Salt and pepper to taste and add your cornstarch to a small amount of water and mix well. Add to the simmering sauce and stir. Remove from the heat and allow to thicken a bit.
- Toss your cooked pasta in the sauce and serve immediately. Garnish with extra parsley if you’re super fancy!
Wasn’t that easy? And you only got 2 pots dirty (you can totally drain your clams right into the tomatoes I just got a bowl dirty because I wasn’t thinking! Just because you are at home doesn’t mean you can’t make your table look nice. You can go over the top if you like or you can go simple. I prefer simple. I took some chalk on these fabulous chalkboard place mats and drew a conversation heart with a secret, romantic message just smaller than my clear glass plates! With pet names as the “name cards” and the heart hidden away under the plate this is one simple but special place setting! Dished out and ready to go with some peas because you need to eat your veggies even on holidays this meal is simple, quick and tasty. And as the meal is eaten, the secret message appears! Now I have to tell you that I actually ate this pasta here and even though I was the one that drew that heart and wrote those words, it still made me smile when I could see the message!
And guess what? on February 4 from 1-2 PM Eastern time there’s going to be a big ol’ Twitter party! Stop by and participate and you just might win up to $500 in gift cards! #Vdayin
Be sure to RSVP below so you can have your chance to win big!Visit Website