1. We could all learn a thing or two about attitude from this kid, who has a wicked high five, by the way…
2. The Pyura Chilensis looks like organs inside of a rock. And people eat it.
3. On less nasty edible news, this blob is actually edible water.
4. And speaking of blobs, you can play with this total cutie of one.
And see an X-ray version to see how the program works behind the scenes! (hit refresh to change the color)
5. If you don’t think I’m desperate to go to this island where you can swim with wild pigs, you don’t know me at all.
6. Did you know that it is believed that herring (the fish) communicate by passing gas? I didn’t either until I stumbled across the Mental Floss Amazing Fact Generator.
7. This may be the coolest house ever.
8. There are so many animated fun facts about animals at The Qi Zoo.
9. There is a garden you can visit that can kill you. The Poison Garden in Alnwick Garden, England.
10. My Sloth Name is Molasses The Dawdling Shoot-Eater. What’s yours?
11. There are 22 animals that you have probably never heard of! I must say, however, that I’ve had a Patagonian Mara (pictured) nibble on my finger once, though :)
12. This chandelier made by Hilden & Diaz, Forms in Nature casts the shadow of a forest on the walls.
13. This is the flying duck orchid. And it’s amazing!
14. Check out some Shopped Tattoos on this fascinating Tumblr.
FYI – some nudity, as there is with most art, just in case you are abject to it.
15. Stare at the dot in the center of the strangely colored picture. When it turns black and white, you’ll “see” Steve Irwin in color.