This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I really, really like Mexican food. Maybe it is from growing up in West Texas or maybe it’s just because it’s really dang good. As a kid, we ate Mexican food several times a week. It was just like how other people might have beef stronganoff every week. It was our norm.
One of the things my mom often made for us were taquitos. She’d make a whole mess of them and some queso and guacamole (and if you call it just “guac” you and I are going to have a bit of a problem :) We’d grab our taquitos and dips and get after it and we loved it.
Flash forward to today and I’m Celiac (cannot have gluten) and I still love Mexican food. As such I LOVE Delimex. It’s gluten free friendly and it’s tasy and fast. If you ask me that is the perfect meal!
Since I like taquitos and make them often and sometimes grab some tamales too (they’re in the frozen snack section of WalMart) it seemed a good time to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with three of my favorite taquito dipping sauces including salsa ranch, queso blanco and guacamole!
Here in Oklahoma we dip everything in Ranch dressing. Since it doesn’t pair perfectly with Mexican food, I have my own salsa ranch dip that we Okies just love! It’s also great for taco salads!
- 1/2 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 1/4- 1/2 cup salsa
- Mix together your dressing mix and sour cream until smooth. Give it a quick taste. The ranch should be very, very strong. If it isn’t go ahead and add a bit more mix and stir until it is.
- Add in your salsa (store-bought works just as well and is easier than homemade) and stir in. The dip seems way too thick at first but the salsa thins it out to the perfect consistency!
Guacamole has been the most eaten dip of my life and as such I’ve made a recipe that beats all others in my not so humble opinion!
- 2 soft avocados
- garlic salt
- lemon juice
- chopped onion
- chopped cilantro
- chopped tomato (optional)
- Cut and remove the avocado and place into a bowl. Mash with a fork until desired consistency is reached. You can go chunky or you can go creamy smooth depending on your tastes. Add garlic salt and lemon TO TASTE.
- Mix in your chopped onion, cilantro and tomatoes if desired.
This cheesy dip is much milder than traditional quesos.
- 4 ounces of white American cheese OR the boxed equivalent
- 2 ounces of chopped green chilies
- a dash of milk
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- Chop cheese and add to a small saucepan with chilies, milk and broth.
- Melt over medium heat stirring regularly.
In my fun trio dip platter thingamajig and garnished with chilies, tomatoes and cilantro you’ve got a tasty and pretty dish to put out for your Cinco de Mayo guests!
Depending on how many you have over you can double or even triple the dip recipes to accommodate.
Dipping these Delimex Chicken Taquitos is a super treat! The sauces can also be used to top the tamales for an extra punch of tastiness!
For even more tasty ideas to amp up your Cinco de Mayo fun visit Delimex online at DelimexFiesta.com
And tell me, what is your favorite way to dip your Delimex favorites?Written by Allison Murray - Visit Website