I’ve only recently aquired a taste for bananas. I never cared for them as a kid unless they were covered with chocolate sauce. But now I love a banana and I’ll even run into the grocery store to grab a quick, cheap and totally gluten free snack when I’m hungry and out and about.
And one of my best recipes, if you ask everyone else, is my banana bread recipe. With the introduction of cup for cup gluten free flour, Domata, I’ve been able to start making my banana bread again. It seems that no one tends to notice it’s gluten free, either which is just awesome!
This recipe is one of those that has a pretty loose ingredient list with varying amounts of banana and nuts. I know this simply because I use all of the “bad” bananas I currently have and sometimes it’s a little less and sometimes it’s a little more. I know that seems odd with baking that you can change an ingredient so much and still get a great bread out of it, but it’s just magic I guess!
Blow Your Mind Banana Bread Recipe
This banana bread is super yummy and crazy moist. With only a handful of ingredients you probably already have on hand, you just need to sit back and wait for your bananas to go overripe!
- 2-3 cups mashed bananas
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter & 1/2 cup melted margarine, (or one full cup of one or the other)
- 4 eggs (or 3 jumbo)
- 2 cups flour (I use Domata for gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-3 cups of chopped nuts (optional)
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together the first 4 ingredients until well incorporated. Add the eggs and beat well.
- In a separate bowl mix your flour, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly add the wet to the dry while mixing on medium speed with your beaters. Mix until fully incorporated, scraping down the sides regularly. The batter will have a thick consistency.
- Fold in your nuts and/or chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and bake 60 minutes, checking the center with a knife before removing from oven.
Written by Allison Murray - Visit Website